[Eeglablist] Problem with inverse transform

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Sep 5 11:53:26 PDT 2023

Hi Franzi,

By the way, I found that the Hann window with 50% overlap in Matlab does
not pass the constant-overlap add (COLA) test.
However, based on a well-referenced document on this topic Heinzel et al.
(2002), Hanning is amplitude flat at 50% overlap (see p.54).
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://holometer.fnal.gov/GH_FFT.pdf__;!!Mih3wA!C2vdBEZ9n0h67zOX6inDjk6kdlMMcKgf9h8n78yAnq2S5TY2qS6vKpW3DbikUOVE9C9uTlOZa_oRIz4sLGbowmIrRgE$
Do you know why?

I ended up using Hamming, 50% overlap, with 'ola' to be COLA compatible.

Makoto