[Eeglablist] Mixed Anova for the psd of EEG data

Masoud Fazilat-Pour fazilatm at shirazu.ac.ir
Tue Oct 3 22:42:57 PDT 2023

Dear Arnaud
I am working on a research project that investigates the effects of a psychotherapeutic intervention on EEG alpha psd.
I am writing to ask for your guidance on how to preprocess and analyze EEG data using the BIDS-EEGLAB-LIMO workflow. I have measured the EEG using a 64-channel system with the 10-20 electrode placement for 50 participants before and after exposure to the intervention. I want to compare the alpha power in O1, O2, F3, and F5 electrodes between the pre- and post-intervention conditions using a 2x2 mixed ANOVA.
I have installed EEGLAB, LIMO, and BIDS on MATLAB and I have read your article titled “From BIDS-Formatted EEG Data to Sensor-Space Group Results: A Fully Reproducible Workflow With EEGLAB and LIMO EEG”. However, I still have some questions about how to preprocess and analyze my data using this workflow.
My first question is whether I need to preprocess the data files one by one or I could preprocess all of them together in EEGLAB. If it is possible to preprocess all of them together, what are the steps or scripts that I need to follow in EEGLAB?
My second question is how to run a 2x2 mixed ANOVA in LIMO using the preprocessed data. What are the parameters or options that I need to specify in LIMO? How can I interpret the results and visualize them?

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

​Masoud F-Pour, PhD, Cogn. Psych. Associate Prof.
Faculty of Education and Psychology
Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
Postcode: 71946-85308
Email: Fazilatm at shirazu.ac.ir