[Eeglablist] EEG headsets

keskinmer at itu.edu.tr keskinmer at itu.edu.tr
Wed Oct 18 04:55:39 PDT 2023

Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone could advise me on a wearable EEG that
allows for EDA measurements, i.e., a headset that could be used in a
mobile context; we derive Moments of Stress of pedestrians/cyclists in
an urban environment. We use Empatica (E4) for EDA but it is
discontinued after August 2024, therefore we are looking for a
replacement that has more capabilities. There is Galea
(https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://galea.co/*home__;Iw!!Mih3wA!F-tSVEl-jNx-4GIa4ZnhzQOcaLyfyQatTF1CPmF2RhwmPNqCoAKxDw_Jkd_97iwbctrLILSTSV7wQmIbp_tUq-gIGUw$ ) which is equipped with a Varjo VR headset
(built-in eye tracking, EOG, EEG, EMG, PPG, and EDA)
(https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://varjo.com/products/__;!!Mih3wA!F-tSVEl-jNx-4GIa4ZnhzQOcaLyfyQatTF1CPmF2RhwmPNqCoAKxDw_Jkd_97iwbctrLILSTSV7wQmIbp_tUlQCaKuk$ ) but is very expensive. I was wondering
about your experience with a similar device/setup and would appreciate
any suggestion in that context.

Best,
Merve (Geo-social analytics lab, Z_GIS, PLUS)