[Eeglablist] University of Alabama (UA) has an open rank position for an EEG and/or fMRI researcher

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 21 14:19:04 PST 2023

(Re-posting as an independent post, on behalf of Dr. Randy Salekin)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Dear colleagues,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to let you know that the
University of Alabama (UA) has an open rank position for an EEG and/or fMRI
researcher. The position is open to the area of research/study as well.
However, the department is hoping to interview in December for this
position, so its coming up quickly.

A couple of attractive features are the new facilities at UA.
Specifically, we have just purchased a new scanner (1 year ago, with an
open bay for an additional scanner) and an EEG suite in this new imaging
building. Housed in our University Medical Center on campus.

In addition, our Psychology Department is being moved to a new building
(solely for psychology), with a new neuroscience suite (primarily EEG and
psychophysiological measurement [hr, scr. eye tracking];  the fMRI building
will be 3 mins away). the new Psychology building is currently being built
and the U is anticipating having the department moved in by Jan 2025.
as mentioned the Department is wanting to interview for this position
rather quickly, in December, is the goal.
The position could be a great opportunity for someone new(ish) or more
advanced.
If you are interested or have any colleagues that might be intereested,
please let them know.

thanks in advance for any help,
if you have questions, please feel free to contact me (rsalekin at ua.edu)

...Randy