[Eeglablist] 100 Years of EEG - A community survey

Dominik Welke D.Welke at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Nov 29 05:03:07 PST 2023

Dear EEG users -
apologies for cross posting!

Next year marks exactly 100 years since the first human EEG was recorded by Hans Berger in 1924.
Much has happened since then and in light of ongoing developments on hardware, software, and theory side the method might still have to reach its full potential.

I am writing on behalf of an international consortium of neuroscientists working to document the anniversary.
We have put together a survey that has been commissioned by Nature Human Behaviour to be published in summer 2024.

You can find the survey here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://tinyurl.com/EEG100__;!!Mih3wA!AibLHE1J1EXR6Sdk2JaPy9n9gmA8PHQLRzxRkebOGDkPPvZbPCzmfMT9n2FxZmDx0GlXWxIi_SoKF6nxBuyNyQy_QQ$
It closes on 31st December 2023

We want to get as many responses as possible to see the whole picture! Some hundred experts have already completed it, and YOU should contribute your valuable insights and opinions too ;)

The ~30 min survey asks to look back at the impact EEG has had on our current understanding of neuroscience but also: What might the next century hold, and what steps are critical to further improve the technique?

This anniversary is a once-in-a-lifetime event and an opportunity to help shape the future priorities for EEG as one of the most widely used neuroimaging tools to date - we hope that you and your colleagues will join us in this effort!

All the best!
Dominik Welke
for the EEG100 Team