The Swartz Center for Computational Neuroscience (SCCN), UCSD, makes freely available for non-profit research use a number of Matlab and other software applications for collection and analysis of electrophysiological data. Of these, the best known is the extensive EEGLAB environment for Matlab. See links to documentation on this and other software tools below.
The EEGLAB Environment
- List of EEGLAB Functions
- EEGLAB Plug-ins - Published EEGLAB tools that appear automatically in the EEGLAB menus of their users
EEGLAB Plug-In Toolboxes
Neuroelectromagnetic Forward Head Modeling Toolbox (NFT) - A toolbox to construct electrical head models by Zeynep Akalin Acar
Brain-Computer Interface Toolbox (BCILAB) - A toolbox to build, test, and run online BCI classifiers by Christian Kothe
Brain Source Information Flow Toolbox (SIFT) - A toolbox to model and visualize autoregressive EEG network events by Tim Mullen
MoBILAB - A toolbox for analysis and visualization of Mobile Brain/Body Imaging (MoBI) data by Alejandro Ojeda
The Online EEGLAB Workshop
Some Previous EEGLAB Workshops
- Seventeenth EEGLAB Workshop - UCSD, La Jolla CA, November, 2013
- Fourteenth EEGLAB Workshop - La Palma, Mallorca, September, 2011
- Thirteenth EEGLAB Workshop - Aspet, France, June, 2011
- Twelfth EEGLAB Workshop - UCSD, La Jolla, November, 2010
- Eleventh EEGLAB Workshop - NCTU, Hinchu, Taiwan, September, 2010
- Tenth EEGLAB Workshop - Jyväskylä, Finland, June, 2010
- Ninth EEGLAB Workshop - University of Newcastle, Australia, November, 2009
- Eighth EEGLAB Workshop - Aspet, France, June, 2009
- Seventh EEGLAB Workshop - Bloomington, Indiana, April, 2009
Experimental Real-time Interactive Control and Analysis (ERICA)
Lab Streaming Layer (LSL) - A software framework for synchronizing a large array of data collection and stimulation devices by Christian Kothe.
See a YouTube video overview here.
Simulation and Neuroscience Application (SNAP) - A software environment in Python for controlling simple to very complex (3-D gaming) experimental protocols by Christian Kothe.
See a YouTube video intro at 14:45 here.
Enactor - A MATLAB interface to maintain a 3-D experiment space model and control an experiment by Nima Bigdely-Shamlo
- Extensive series of video lectures on Modern Brain-Computer Interface Design and software by Christian Kothe
- Time/frequency analysis tutorial (Delorme)
- Independent Component Clustering Example (Onton & Makeig)
- Brief Artifact Rejection tutorial (Delorme)
- Data and scripts for comparing ICA/BSS algorithms (Delorme/Makeig)