[Eeglablist] Window of integration

Tom Campbell, Ph.D. tom.campbell at helsinki.fi
Wed Jan 26 04:52:43 PST 2005

Hi,

As something of a newcomer doing rather standard ERP analyses for the time
being, one thing that I am interested in doing is computing the average
amplitude in a window of integration in a given time range (e.g. 62.5-67.5
ms post onset) that is centered on a given group averaged peak (e.g. at 65
ms at Cz).

This sort of thing is/was available in Neuroscan 3.x STATS using AREA ON
and a template. I figure it did something like a high sampled spline fit
in a given the template time range for each electrode, a spot of integral
calculus to calculate the area under this curve and then divided by the
duration of the template range on the time axis. (Please, suggestions for
a book on this would be appreciated).

Please may ask if there are functions to do this method for calculating
amplitudes in a given range in EEGLAB?

Alternatively, please is there a simple way to access the data structures
that store the ERPs used by pop_plotdata()?

Suggestions welcome.
--
Parhain terveisin,

Tom Campbell, Ph.D.