[Eeglablist] double event markers from Biosemi .bdf files

Jeff Johnson jeffreyj at uci.edu
Tue Feb 15 13:07:18 PST 2005

We frequently have this problem too, and we figure that it has something to
do with either pausing/unpausing or clicking the mouse in Biosemi's
acquisition program (in Labview). One way around it (although we haven't
tried) might be to pause/unpause the acquisition by sending a byte (244 or
245?) from your stimulus computer, instead of using the mouse.

To get around it in EEGLAB, we usually just epoch our data around the
events that have a particular value. For example:

pop_epoch( EEG, {'[1621761]'}, [-0.100 2.000] );

Our events of interest always have a value of 1621761, whereas the
extraneous events have different values. You can easily find your event
values by using the pull-down menu in EEGLAB (edit >> event values, I
think). As you note, there are probably many other ways around this
problem, but this method works about 99% of the time for us.

Jeff