[Eeglablist] loading Scan 4.3 files

Arnaud Delorme arno at salk.edu
Tue Mar 8 08:24:29 PST 2005

Dear Philip,

I have retested importing 16-bit and 32-bit Neuroscan EEG files in
EEGLAB 4.512 under Linux (Matlab 7) and Windows (Matlab 6.5) and it
worked fine. For some reason I do not understand, the last character in
your file path is not a delimiter (maybe your file is an windows root
folder?).
For the second comment, I do not know. You will have to send us your
data file and a screen capture so we can investigate further.

Phillip M.Gilley wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have a dataset recorded in Scan 4.3, using Synamps2 (64-channels). I
> am having trouble importing the files into Eeglab. The file types are
> *.eeg. There are 2 problems:
>
> 1) When trying to use the pop_loadeeg() function, I get an error in
> Matlab that says "The file path last character must be a delimiter".
> Even after trying to correct the file path I still get this error, and
> haven't been able to load data using this function.
>
> 2) When using just the loadeeg() function alone, I am at least able to
> load the data. However, when I try to plot the averaged ERPs, they
> look nothing like the averages I see using the Scan software. I think
> this might have to do with the 32-bit recordings in Scan 4.3.
>
> Is there a way around these errors that I am missing? Or, do I need to
> format the data differently before trying to import into Eeglab? Any
> comments or insight would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Phillip M. Gilley
>

> Phillip M. Gilley
> University of Texas at Dallas
> School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences
> Advanced Hearing Research Center
> 1966 Inwood Rd.
> Dallas, TX 75235
> (214) 905-3186
> pgilley at utdallas.edu

*Arnaud Delorme, Ph.D.*
Swartz Center for Computational Neuroscience, INC, University of San
Diego California
La Jolla, CA92093-0961, USA

*Tel* :/(+1)-858-458-1927 ext 15/
*Fax* :/(+1)-858-458-1847/
*Web page*: sccn.ucsd.edu/~arno <http://www.sccn.ucsd.edu/%7Earno>
*To think upon*:

    Don't compromise yourself. You are all you have got.

        /Janis Joplin/