[Eeglablist] MEG Analysis

Robert Oostenveld roberto at smi.auc.dk
Wed Apr 13 02:54:06 PDT 2005

Dear Stefano

You are right that the current DIPFIT implementation in EEGLAB can only
perfoem duoike fits for EEG data using a multisphere model.

The upcoming release version "2" of the DIPFIT plugin will include a
standard BEM model for the EEG. Furthermore, it will also support
dipole fitting for MEG data . It will use the m,ore low-level Fieldtrip
toolbox (see http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/) for the underlying
computations. Right now the interface between EEGLAB and DIPFIT2 is
being tested and is almost ready for beta release. We will keep you
updated about the progress through the mailing list.

best regards,
Robert Oostenveld

On 7 Apr 2005, at 22:55, Aston wrote:

> Dear all,
> just started to really use EEGLab. My current dataset is obtained from
> CTF 151 channe Omega MEG equipment and consists of auditory P50
> suppression paradigm.
> 2 main aims:
> 1) compute localisation (and orientation) of dipolar sources of the S1
> (prepulse) MLAEF and of the S2 (startling) stimuls. For this EEGLab,
> as far as I can understand, seems to compute the inverse solution
> according to a 3-sphere model with conductivities of the 3 layers in a
> way that must be EEG targeted. Has anybody procesed MEG data using the
> dipfit routine ? Can the conductivity values be edited taking into
> account the MEG factor? Can you save mean and SD of the stength of
> dipolar sources of the S1 P5 and of the S2 P50 and XYZ, orientation
> and azimuth for statistical processing across subjects?
>
> 2) looking at ERSP following the S1 and looking as to whether this
> hides some clues as to why is the response to S2 suppressed. Again are
> the TF representation values available for saving in a Matlab array
> and ultimately in a file?
>
> Sorry for the lengthy EMAIL and the probably "boring" questions. From
> a novice of EEGLab
>
> Stefano Seri
> Aston University
> Birmingham, UK
Robert Oostenveld, PhD
F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
Radboud University Nijmegen
phone: +31-24-3619695
http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/
N.B. Starting from 1 September 2004, the University of Nijmegen has
changed its name to Radboud University Nijmegen. All web- and
email-addresses ending in ".kun.nl" should therefore be changed into
".ru.nl". Please update your address book and links.