[Eeglablist] PCA option to runica

pickard at telusplanet.net pickard at telusplanet.net
Wed Apr 27 11:24:57 PDT 2005

Hi,

As I do not have large number of trials, I opted to run the 'pca' option but
have gotten slightly confused about the output.  I assumed that the output
would be principal components; however, in chapter 1.9 of the tutorial, section
1.9.2 (the topoplot above section 1.9.3), it shows "an independent
component ... binica decomposition used PCA".  So, is the output principal
components or independent components?  How is the output derived?  Sorry if
this is a dumb question, my background is clinical/behavioural and I'm still
trying to sort out PCA/ICA etc.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Patti Sorensen
PhD Candidate