[Eeglablist] plotting average timewindows with pop topoplot

Arnaud Delorme arno at salk.edu
Thu Jul 28 16:39:46 PDT 2005

Dear Zara,

to plot an average of data points within a particular time range, you
have to do it from the command line. For performing this operation on
your current dataset, use the following code

range = [0 50]; % range in ms
pts = round(eeg_lat2point(range/1000, [1 1], EEG.srate, [EEG.xmin
EEG.xmax])); % convert latencies in seconds to data points
ERP = mean(EEG.data,3); % average all data trials
ERPinrange = mean(ERP(:, pts(1):pts(2)),2); % average data points in
specified time range

figure; topoplot(ERPinrange, EEG.chanlocs); % plot average scalp map

Arno