[Eeglablist] Bootstrap significance probability level

Christopher Summerfield summerfd at paradox.psych.columbia.edu
Wed Nov 2 05:29:41 PST 2005

dear Adrian, the familywise error rate can be calculated for bootstrap
stats in the following way:

1) calculate your statistics at every timepoint/voxel/whatever (we'll call
these 'point estimate statistics')
2) shuffle and permute
3) for each permutation, enter the *maximum* permuted value from across
all the sampled timepoints/voxels into a distibution
4) 'point estimate' statistics falling within the 95% confidence interval
of this distribution can be considered significant, adjusted for
familywise error.

for more information, see Burgess & Gruzelier, 1999
Methodological advances in the analysis of event-related desynchronization
data.	in Event-Related Desynchronization ed Gert Pfurtscheller, F H
Lopes Da Silva.

this process could be adapted to provdide false discovery rate correction
(see Genovese et al 2002).
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=11906227&query_hl=1

good luck,
Chris