[Eeglablist] Saving data in EEG structure instead of separate .dat file

Arnaud Delorme arno at salk.edu
Wed Nov 23 17:11:09 PST 2005

Cy Kim wrote:

>In the new version of EEGLAB I noticed that the data portion of the EEG
>files are now saved in a separate .dat file.  Is there an option to go back
>to the older method of keeping them all in one structure, or a way to read
>in the .dat file using a Matlab function?
>
>Cy Kim

I think you are talking about a version of EEGLAB which is still in
development (the version that has been used at the workshop and will be
released most likely in January). The ".dat" files containing data
replace the ".fdt" files . In the dat files, the data is simply
transposed when compared to the ".fdt" files. The reason is that this
allows to read one channel at a time from disk (and will allow in the
future to process multiple datasets very fast even if the data remains
on disk).

About your question, you may use the menu File > Maximize memory and
select the option to write all data in one file.

Best regards,