[Eeglablist] Visual Artifact Rejection

Brett DeMarco brettdz at eden.rutgers.edu
Sat Dec 31 10:00:11 PST 2005

Hi everyone,
I just signed-up to this list last week, I am relatively new to the
field and I have a question. In the literature and the EEGLab
documentation there is mention of "visual artifact rejection". I'm not
exactly sure what this entails...I understand that too high or too low
(i.e. out of range) values should be rejected but are there any other
techniques or guidelines that y'all follow to visually remove artifacts?
If there's a short answer please let me know, if the answer is too long
can someone point me toward a resourse I might be able to use?

Thanks very much in advance and Happy New Year!
bd