[Eeglablist] Can amygdala activity be detected on the scalp?

Rey R. Ramirez rey at sccn.ucsd.edu
Fri Dec 30 18:29:08 PST 2005

The MEG work of Andy Ioannides has shown amygdala activation on several
tasks. A simple google search should get you the right info. It is very
unlikely that these amygdala sources are electrically silent but not
magnetically silent. Keep in mind that a lot of activity in the brain is
non-phase-locked, so the ERP paradigm is not well suited to extract such
signals.

-Rey.