[Eeglablist] Question on dipole modeling

UCT Staff Member - emuluh emuluh_HUB_STAFF_HEALTH_MED_UCT at mail.med.uct.ac.za
Tue Jan 24 02:30:05 PST 2006

Hi all,
	I have collected EEG data and have done ERP analysis on the data and
now want to model dipoles of the ERPs. I am not sure on a couple of
questions.

1. Is it necessary to do PCA or ICA and get components of interest for
dipole analysis? (I intend getting    latencies of interest for my
components).

2. If yes or no in (1) above, can anyone help with the major difference
or advantage of using ICA over PCA and    finally any advantages or
disadvantages for using latencies of interest from my ERPs.

3. The magnetic resonance imaging (mri) data in EEGLAB defaults to mri
data from Montreal Neurological       Institute mri data when
dipfit_erpeeg is called. I have MRI data in analyze format. Can anyone
help on how      to use this data in the dipfit_erpeeg function please.

Thanks,
Muluh.