[Eeglablist] Difficulty Plotting Component ERPs in Rectangular Array, Difficulty Extracting Epoch

Dana Byrd db2239 at columbia.edu
Tue Jan 24 14:10:55 PST 2006

I am interested in examining a series of single epochs of newborn
128-electrode data using ICA so to detect blink responses.

I wish to see both the plots of the component ERPs and the 2-D
component scalp maps to help judge when blinks are occurring.

Examining the 2-D component scalp maps proceeds as described in the
manual.

However, when I try to plot the component ERPs (Plot > Component
erps > In rectangular array) to examine the waveforms, I get the
following error message: “Extract epochs before running that
function. Use Tools > Extract Epochs.”

I thought perhaps the presence of baseline was the issue, so I
attempted to extract the epoch (remove the baseline) prior to
running ICA. This ended up generating a confusing set of error
messages.:

In Tools > Extract Epochs I filled in the following values:
Time-locking event type(s) ([]=all)       DIN1
Epoch limits [start, end] in seconds      [0 2]
Name for the new dataset                  Epoch1
Out-of-bounds EEG limits if any [min max] _______

4 error messages then pop up, one after another:
1. Error: no data
2. Error using ==> eeg_checkset
eeg_checkset error: no data
3. Remove baseline of each channel (in each unbroken portion of
Continuous data)
4. Index exceeds matrix dimensions

The .set and .dat files can be downloaded from
http://www.columbia.edu/~db2239/data.rar.

Could someone please tell me where I am going wrong such that I
can’t: a) select the epoch without the baseline, and b) plot the
component ERP waveforms while I can plot the 2-D component scalp
maps?

Thanks,
Dana
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Dana Byrd, Ph.D.
http://www.columbia.edu/~db2239/
Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Developmental Psychobiology
Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
New York State Psychiatric Institute

Mail:
Department of Developmental Psychobiology
New York State Psychiatric Institute
1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 40
New York, NY 10032

Phone: 917-974-1894

Fax: 212-543-5467

-------
IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail is
 meant only for the use of the intended
 recipient.  It may contain confidential
 information which is legally privileged
 or otherwise protected by law.  If you
 received this e-mail in error or from
 someone who was not authorized to
 send it to you, you are strictly prohibited
 from reviewing, using, disseminating,
distributing or copying the e-mail.
PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY
 OF THE ERROR BY RETURN E-MAIL