[Eeglablist] High Performance Signal Analysis Tools (HiPerSAT)

Chris Hoge hoge at cs.uoregon.edu
Tue Jan 31 19:57:21 PST 2006

Hi,

The Neuroinformatics Center at the University of Oregon is pleased to
announce the version 1.0 release of our High Performance Signal
Analysis Tools (HiPerSAT). HiPerSAT is a library and set of tools
supporting EEG analysis. It is implemented in C++ and uses of MPI and
OpenMP to take advantage of parallel computing resources (although
the library works fine without either).

This first release includes standalone implementations of the
Infomax, FastICA and SOBI algorithms. These implementations are based
on the EEGLab modules, although not all of the features available in
EEGLab have been implemented yet. In addition to the standalone tools
we have also included Matlab and EEGLab integration.

We hope that the EEGLab community will find these tools useful.
Please download them and give us feedback. Bug reports, feature
requests and comments are always welcome. To keep HiPerSAT traffic
from being too disruptive to the eeglab mailing lists we have set up
two HiPerSAT specific mailing lists: hipersat-users at http://
nic.uoregon.edu/mailman/listinfo/hipersat-users and hipersat-announce
at http://nic.uoregon.edu/mailman/listinfo/hipersat-announce .
hipersat-users is the general mailing list for support, bug reports,
feature requests and general discussion. hipersat-announce is the
lower traffic list where only updates will be announced. We will make
announcements on both lists, so you will only need to subscribe to
one. The HiPerSAT maintainer (at this point in time, me) can always
be reached at hipersat at nic.uoregon.edu.

The URL for HiPerSAT is http://www.nic.uoregon.edu/hipersat/index.php

We have a source release available, as well as a binary release for
Mac OS X. We have also included a large test data set to verify the
integrity of the algorithms. On that page you can find our technical
report describing the implementation and performance of the toolkit.

Thanks for your time. We look forward to your responses and suggestions.

Sincerely,
Chris Hoge
HiPerSAT maintainer
Neuroinformatics Center, University of Oregon