[Eeglablist] Can I do coherence between independent components?

Zhang Yan zhang at ccs.fau.edu
Mon Feb 6 08:37:42 PST 2006

Hi, Dear All:

I am recently working on ICA. One question confused me: could I do
coherence analysis between independent components of EEG?

Because ICA assume sources are mutually uncorrelated. So after ICA, the
separated sources should be uncorrelated. However, some people used ICA
and then did coherence analysis among components. What is the basic theory
for doing that? Could you recommend some papers for their theory?

Thank you very much.

Rachel/