[Eeglablist] Can I do coherence between independent components?

Scott Makeig smakeig at ucsd.edu
Mon Feb 6 09:32:33 PST 2006

Zhang and all -

'Independent' components are actually (and practically)
maximally-independent components. This leaves 'room' for occasional
coherence to appear. If this occurs consistently at moments of interest
-  this may be a result of interest. See our paper at
http://biology.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1371/journal.pbio.0020176
(and the linked animation) for an example. I am working on a paper
reporting another example now.

Scott Makeig