[Eeglablist] Removing EOG artefact using ICA and converting back to EEG channels

Vuckovic, Aleksandra vuckovic at essex.ac.uk
Thu Mar 2 10:33:36 PST 2006

Hello,

I would like to remove eye movement artefacts from EEG signals. I saw
that ICA is very efficient in it. However I would like to work on EEG
data not on ICA components. I have 64 channels EEG. So when I perform
ICA, EOG will be one component which I can discard. However if I now
want to perform inverse transformation I have a problem: 63 ICA
components and 64 EEG channels. Does anybody have a suggestion how to
solve the problem? Would it help adding a dummy component of a constant
value around 0, and then performing inverse ICA?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Aleksandra Vuckovic