[Eeglablist] Removing EOG artefact using ICA and converting back to EEG channels

Marco Congedo marco.congedo at irisa.fr
Sun Mar 5 00:59:25 PST 2006

Dear Aleksandra,

  regardless the number of component retained
the inverse transformation will gibe you back the original number of EEG
channels. Even if you keep just one component, this is true.

 The model

x=A s

with BSS solution

s=A+ x

is inversed by

x'= A A+ x

You see that x' has the same dimension as the original x,
regardless if you set to zero some columns of A (and corresponding rows of
A+) or if you consider just a subset of columns of A (and corresponding
columns of A+).

Marco

--
Marco Congedo, PHD
France Télécom, R&D, InoVallée (Grenoble), FRANCE