[Eeglablist] Applying ICA weigthing matrix from one set to another

Vuckovic, Aleksandra vuckovic at essex.ac.uk
Tue Mar 7 08:14:21 PST 2006

Hello,

I am doing an experiment in which subjects have to repeat the same tasks
several times and in several sets. All sets are obtained on the same
day, in 30-45 min intervals and last 12-15 min each.

I would like to know if it is correct to calculate ICA weighting matrix
for one set and apply it on the other sets for finding ICA components. I
am using it for removing EOG artefact (thanks to all of you who helped
me about that). Visually I see no special difference when I remove EOG
using weighting matrix of that set or the other one but still would like
to know if that is methodologically correct?

And one more question-which mathematical method is used in EEGLAb to
draw ERP surface plots? Is there any function to calculate Laplacians?

Thanks in advance,

Aleksandra Vuckovic