[Eeglablist] Can runica decompose complex signal ?

arno arno at salk.edu
Thu Apr 13 09:03:12 PDT 2006

For information: the message below was posted on the icalist at inf.enst.fr in response to the same question.

Dear Zonglei

Matlab code for performing complex ICA is available at

http://www.cis.hut.fi/ella/publications/cfastica_public.m

The approach is quite similar to FastICA. The FastICA Matlab package does
not unfortunately contain complex ICA. A paper describing complex ICA,
related to above Matlab code, is

Ella Bingham and Aapo Hyvärinen: "A fast fixed-point algorithm for
independent component analysis of complex valued signals", International
Journal of Neural Systems, Vol. 10, No. 1 (February, 2000) 1-8.

http://www.cis.hut.fi/ella/publications/IJNSV10-N1-1-8.pdf

Hope this helps. Yours sincerely,

Ella Bingham
University of Helsinki