[Eeglablist] Single Trial phase locking measure

Jerzy Achimowicz jerzy_achimowicz at imgw.pl
Fri May 5 22:57:12 PDT 2006

Dear Ming,
If I understsand properly ITC measures stability of delay=phase of transient
signal in a defined time window.
If you have a single response the only thing you can calculate is the dalay
or ERP versus time of window start
or stimulus onset time (time delay=phase*inverse of frequency of component
at which you had calculated phase).
Of course the deley is not equal to any latency of the waveform. Its a delay
of a given sinewave(frequency) fitted to single
response. To have the best fit you can insted of FFT use other (statistical)
methods to best fit a couple of sines
to a given single trial response. This is the analog to SVD.
Hope I had made it clear to you.
Jerzy
PS. Ask more if yoy have more questions on the subject of phase
synchronization !

Jerzy  Achimowicz Ph.D. Dr.Sc.
IMGW-PO
Center for Development of Numerical Forecasts
Podlesna  61 str.
01-673 Warsaw, POLAND.
phone:  office:   +48(22) 569-4130
             mobile:  +48  514-834--544