[Eeglablist] binica

Sven Hoffmann shoffmann at ifado.de
Sun May 7 23:39:57 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I have a question about binica and runica.

I have installed matlab/eeglab under linux (Debian) and run binica
(included in eeglab 5.01b: ICA Version 1.4 Feb),  that works fine (binica
is quite fast :-)), but the defined weight change of  1E-7 is reached much
later than with runica and sometimes it isn't reached even after 1000
steps  (63 chans, QuickAmp).

In opposite with runica it does. Further the initial weight change is very
high. I used the same options  like the runica defaults, except the maximum
number of steps (1000). I have used the same data for both and have run
them several times. The problem (if it is one) seems to be solved by
projecting the data into a subspace by pca.

So i wonder if there is a difference between runica and binica, or if i
made something wrong.
I would be deeply grateful for some suggestions.

best regards

Sven.

--
Dipl.-Psych. Sven Hoffmann
Institute for Occupational Physiology at the University of Dortmund (IfADo)
Email: shoffmann at ifado.de