[Eeglablist] easycap channel locations

Hamish Innes-Brown hinnesbrown at gmail.com
Sat May 27 19:57:18 PDT 2006

I've been having the same problems, and can't seemt o work out what might be
going on unfortunately.

I have data recorded with a 64-channel quick-cap, and have digitised the
positions using the Polhemus Fastrak.  This makes *.3dd files.  I then
convert these to *.dat files using the 3dspace prpgram, and end up with a
text file that has x y z columns for each electrode, plus a few other rows
containing marker points etc.

What I usually do is delete the extra rows so that the number of rows in the
*.day file matches the number of electrodes.  Then EEGlab has no problems
plotting teh electrodes from within the pop_chanedit window.  However this
doesn't seem to be working for me any more.  I'm not sure if this is due to
the new version, or some difference in how I am doing things.

This is the error I get - is it the same situation you are having Milene?

IMPORTANT: After importing/modifying data channels, you must close
the channel editing window for the changes to take effect in EEGLAB.
TIP: Call this function directy from the prompt, ">> pop_chanedit([]);"
     to convert between channel location file formats
Reading file (lines): 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 69
??? Error using ==> lower
Cell elements must be character arrays.

Error in ==> pop_chanedit at 1026
            inds              = strmatch( 'fid', lower(alltypes(indnoempty))
);

??? Error while evaluating uimenu Callback.

-hamish-