[Eeglablist] easycap channel locations

Hamish Innes-Brown hinnesbrown at gmail.com
Sat May 27 20:51:00 PDT 2006

Some more info on this problem:

I have also tried saving some electrode locations from a previous data set
to which I sucessfully loaded alectrode locations some time ago.  In the
pop_chanedit window I saved the locations (save as .ced), and then opened
another data set which currently has no locations.  Everything else about
the data sets should be the same - were recorded as part of the same
experiment on teh same equipment etc.

This time I got different errors - after selecting the file and choosing
"autodetect" the following appears:

readlocs(): 'chanedit' format assumed from file extension
readlocs() warning: More columns in the input than expected.
                    See >> help readlocs

then when pressing "plot 2d" an error message for each channel appears like
this:

Warning: Out of range or non-integer values truncated during conversion to
character.
> In readlocs at 709
  In topoplot at 1219
  In inputgui at 248
  In pop_chanedit at 933
??? Error using ==> times
Matrix dimensions must agree.

Error in ==> pol2cart at 22
x = r.*cos(th);

Error in ==> topoplot at 1321
[x,y]     = pol2cart(Th,Rd);  % transform electrode locations from polar to
cartesian coordinates

??? Error using ==> waitfor
Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback.

Then as a further experiment, I tried loading the .ced file from my old data
into the _same_ file from which it was made, and got all these same errors
again - perhaps there might be something odd in the pop-chanedit function,
either in producing the elec definitin files, or more likely in reading them
back in?

Sorry I can't be of any more help in actually finding the problem  :(

-hamish-