[Eeglablist] bipolar channels for eyes movement recording

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 17:20:42 PDT 2006

Igor - Yes, bipolar channel data are still linearly related to source
activities, and are therefore suitable for decomposition by ICA, even along
with  common reference channels. Visualizing the ICA component maps, though,
is not possible, stricly speaking, since the bipolar channels are 'floating'
from the other channels.

One interesting possibility would be to add a common offset to each pair of
bipolar channels that maximizes the resulting smoothness of the
common-reference + bipolar component scalp map.... though I have not tried
this.

Scott Makeig