[Eeglablist] bipolar channels for eyes movement recording

Igor Riecansky igor.riecansky at savba.sk
Wed Jun 21 08:31:24 PDT 2006

Dear Arno et al.,

I have a question concerning bipolar EOG recording. I read your advice in
the tutorial to use common-reference recording for all channels including
EOG. However, separate bipolar recording of EOG (with separately set
parameters) enables, I assume, to enhance the sensitivity to ocular
artifacts. Is it possible/valid to include such bipolar channel(s) into a
multichannel EEG recording and submit the whole data to ICA in order to
separate and remove the ocular artifacts?

Thank you for advice,

Igor