[Eeglablist] ICA-LORETA

arno arno at salk.edu
Mon Sep 11 04:23:36 PDT 2006

Dear Victoria,
> I'm working on epileptogenic foci localization through application of
> ICA to the data, which can be done in EEGLAB. Nevertheless, I need to
> visualize the foci in a tridimensional model of the head for which I
> have to use another software called LORETA but I don't know the format
> in which the IC's have to be exported so LORETA can read them.
>
> I need to know exactly what's the information necessary to visualize
> the IC's tridimensionally. I'd also like to know if the DIPFIT plug-in
> of EEGLAB can be used to do the whole process of foci localization
DIPFIT2 returns talairach coordinates that you may then enter into an
talairach atlas such as

http://www.neurovia.umn.edu/webservice/tal_atlas.html

I have programmed a plugin for LORETA that you can use if you want. Only
the export component and channel location function has currently a menu.
There is no webpage or documentation either (except for the function
headers). From the command line (but not the menu), the plugin also
allows to import LORETA results and plot them on a MNI-normalized MRI.

Hope this helps,

Arno