[Eeglablist] EEGlab on a VMware image

arno arno at salk.edu
Tue Oct 17 13:21:08 PDT 2006

Dear Hamish,

there is indeed a drop in performance when you are running WMware
because Linux becomes a Windows process (and so it has to compete for
Processor resources with other windows processes). It is not worth
running it for binica() only which can only make you gain about 25% time
(it used to be the case that you could gain 100% or more by running the
C version (Matlab 5.3) but it is not the case any more with Matlab 7).

Best regards,

Arno