[Eeglablist] EEGlab on a VMware image

Hamish Innes-Brown hinnesbrown at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 21:20:37 PDT 2006

Hello all.  I have been using EEGlab on a Windows XP workstation, but
now I am about to start a whole lot of ICA, and am wondering if it
might be worth using VMware to run a linux distribution so I can use
the optimised binica rather the matlab runica...

Our IT people won't let me dual-boot my machine or run linux for some
reason, but will let me run linux via VMware.

Has anyone had experience running matlab and EEGlab on VMware?  I'm
wondering if, with all the overhead associated with running two
operating systems concurrently, it might obliterate the advantage of
using binica in the first place...

Or on the other hand, might there be a compiled version of binica for
Windows available in the near future?

Thanks for any enlightenment!

Hamish Innes-Brown
Mental Health Research Institute