[Eeglablist] How it import data from BrainVision

arno arno at salk.edu
Fri Nov 3 18:34:56 PST 2006

Dear Piotr,
> I am trying to import data from Brain Recorder and from mat-file generated
> by Brain Vision. In both cases, I encounter some problems. While importing
>  from Brain Recorder, after loading the program informs me that there is no
> channel locations.
You should have channel labels though, so the only thing you need to do
for the Brain Recorder file is to go to the channel editor (menu Edit >
Channel locations), simply click on the button "Look up locs" to look up
locations for your channel data.
> If I export data as mat file, the problem concerns
> events: namely, it sees only stimulus events like S  1, S  2 etc. but not
> response events as R  1, R  2 etc. although the origial vhdr file did.

I do not know if this is a Brainvision problem or an EEGLAB problem.
Would you mind uploading your file to Bugzilla for EEGLAB (link below).
Create a login and password (only name and email are necessary), and
copy and paste your message (the same you sent to the list) in a new
bug, then attach your files (both Matlab BVA and standard BVA). The
whole process takes less than a minute and it will be very useful to us
and other users.

http://sccn.ucsd.edu/bugzilla/