[Eeglablist] ERP statistics and scalp maps of difference waves

Dörte Spring doerte.kuhlicke at nat.uni-magdeburg.de
Sat Nov 11 09:30:54 PST 2006

Dear EEGLABler,

I'm right now at the point in data analysis where I'd like to do some
statistical analyis as well. My interests lies on ERP and their
components rather than ICA components. Thus, I was wondering whether
there are included some tools for this in EEGLAB that I could use. Im
interested in things like differences in peak amplitude, or peak
latencies for specified ERP components in a certain time window (by
ANOVA for example).

I also would like to support significant results of this analysis by
scalp maps of the analyzed component's difference wave. Is there a way
in EEGLAB, too, to do that? So far I only have seen the option to topo
plot a component of a single condition, but not the difference potential
between two conditions.

Because all good things come in three, I have another question: Can one
also determine dipoles in EEGLAB withouth ICAs by just using the
difference wave potential in a specific time frame?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,

Doerte

--
Doerte K. Spring, Dipl.-Psych.
Post-Doc

E-mail:  Doerte.Kuhlicke at Nat.Uni-Magdeburg.de
Tel:     ++1 915 539 7312

www: http://www.uni-magdeburg.de/ipsy/