[Eeglablist] Channel location file - 64 channels 10/20

arno arno at salk.edu
Mon Nov 13 10:31:16 PST 2006

Mayuresh Korgaonkar wrote:
> Thanks Arno!!
>
> I tried doing that. However the channel locations for VEOG and HEOG
> were missing. Infact there was warning in the command window saying
> that VEOG and HEOG locations were not found. Is it valid to proceed
> with the analysis without these channel locations. I am planning to
> reject the ICA components using the maps.
Yes, it is valid to start without these channels. Their position is not
as standardized as the other ones anyway. I have their standard position
and could add them to the template file. I am still wondering if it is a
good idea. Then users might not remove them before performing source
modeling (and given that their position is imprecise and that the brain
model is quite inaccurate for the face, they should not be used for
dipole modeling). Also, most people still record these channels as
bipolar channels (not using the same reference as other channels), so
they should not be plotted along other channels in scalp maps. In case
they are bipolar channels, they should not be used either to compute ICA
(although if they are, it is not a big deal because ICA should be able
to "reconstruct" the common reference for these channels (in one
component)).