[Eeglablist] Rereferencing

neha bhutani neha.brain at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 20:07:03 PST 2008

Dear all,

I have some doubts regarding the referencing of the channels. I have come
across many papers which have appreciated average reference while others
have really criticized it. Some papers are taking linked earlobes as
reference while some are using only ipsilateral ear lobe. Certain papers
have referred to Laplacian or Hjorth transformatio regarding the referencing
of the datasets.
I'm working on saccade related potentials. I have tried linked earlobes and
average referencing for my studies but the data seems to be very much
contaminated with the saccade.
So I'll be really glad if some one can suggest me which would be the best
way of referencing in my dataset.

Regards

Neha Bhutani
Graduate Student