[Eeglablist] line noise re-revisited...again

Jeff Eriksen jefferiksen at comcast.net
Mon Feb 11 17:53:40 PST 2008

Paul,

Your understanding is correct. After amplification the analog signal is much
less susceptible to picking up any kind of noise, all else being equal.
After digitization you are in a completely different realm with different
noise sources, but nothing to worry about usually.

Mains pickup is highly dependent on the particular equipment you have, where
amplification and digitization occur, the local environment, and how
everything is grounded and interconnected.

-Jeff Eriksen
OHSU BME Dept