[Eeglablist] Event Fields

Darren Weber darren.weber.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 17:59:08 PST 2008

I am currently trying to work with the EEG.event data structure.  I've found
useful information about it here:

http://www.sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/structtut/datastruct.html

However, there is a bit of ambiguity in the descriptions of the
EEG.eventstructure.  I'm not yet confident that I understand it
properly, so take
this with a large grain of salt.

If EEG.event(x).latency is a sample data point, then

EEG.data(:, EEG.event(x).latency, :)

should provide the EEG data at the instant in time when the event occurs (if
EEG.data is a 2D matrix, leave off the last colon).  If you know the channel
that you need, then the value might be given by:

epoch = 1;
eventChan = 10; % or whatever you need
eventVal = EEG.data(eventChan, EEG.event(x).latency, epoch)

Regards, Darren