[Eeglablist] On Line

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at fcdonders.ru.nl
Tue Mar 4 05:11:42 PST 2008

Hi Patrick and Shadi

Aat the Donders Centre in Nijmegen (Netherlands) we are developing
and using FieldTrip (our matlab toolbox) for realtime processing of
EEG and MEG datab. We already had success for classifying 275 channel
MEG data online in Matlab in a imaginary movement paradigm to control
a robot arm. Furthermore, we have implemented an interface for a
Brainamp amplifier. Support for other amplifiers is relatively easy
to add and we will do that in the future (biosemi is certainly on our
to do list). Another possibility is to use BCI2000, which also allows
you to do part of the processing in Matlab. We are working together
with Gerwin Schalk (BCI2000) on the matlab ascpects and hope to be
sharing code and ideas in the near future between the BCI2000 and
FieldTrip projects.

The fieldtrip toolbox is of course already being used for some
aspects in EEGLAB (notably dipole fitting). I can imagine that you
would find it relatively easy to use our Matlab realtime reading
functions together with functions from EEGLAB. The fieldtrip reading
functions and event/trigger handling is very similar to the EEGLAB
functions.

Sofar we have not yet released the real-time components of the
FieldTrip toolbox in the public release version, only to a few close
collaborators. Once the code is sufficiently stable and mature, we
will release it under the GLP as part of our toolbox. That may take
another 6 months or so. If you are interested in already trying out
matlab functions for realtime access to EEG data, please contact me
outside of the EEGLAB mailing list to discuss further details.

best regards,
Robert

Robert Oostenveld, PhD
F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
Radboud University Nijmegen
phone: +31-24-3619695
http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/
mailto:R.Oostenveld at fcdonders.ru.nl