[Eeglablist] Time-frequency analysis (subtraction first or analysis first)

Hsu, Shen-Mou shehsu at indiana.edu
Fri Apr 11 08:40:59 PDT 2008

Dear list-memebers,

Suppose that I am interested in comparing two conditions A and B in terms of their power and phase coherence. I was wondering which one of the following steps is more theoretically correct. 1. After segmentation, calculate the EEG differences between the condition A and B and then perform time-frequency analysis on the differences. 2. After segmentation, perform time-frequency analysis on the EEG data of the condition A and B respectively and then compute the power or phase coherence differences between two conditions. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Shen-Mou Hsu