[Eeglablist] Time-frequency analysis (subtraction first or analysis first)

Arnaud Delorme arno at cerco.ups-tlse.fr
Sun Apr 13 10:53:33 PDT 2008

Dear Hsu,

only your first statement is correct. The second one could be correct if
you could pair the trials, but it would be very rare that you would want
to do this (since trials are recorded at different times and are usually
not paired between conditions). Look up the help of the newtimef
function which allows computing differences between power between
different conditions and newcrossf which allows computing difference
between phase coherence images.