[Eeglablist] Single-precision data vs. double-precision data in Matlab

Philip Michael Zeman pzeman at alumni.uvic.ca
Tue Apr 15 11:25:31 PDT 2008

Hello all,

Two questions:

Is the current best practice to use single precision representation of the
raw EEG data?

I've just upgraded from EEGLab 4.515 to 6.x  and I've noticed that the data
are not stored in the EEG.data structure as single precision numbers.  In my
experimentation, I found that runica in some cases does yield different
results for double vs. single precision data.

Is there a quick and easy way to change the representation of the data in
EEGLab 6.x back to double precision representation?

Regards,

Phil Zeman