[Eeglablist] Time-frequency analysis (subtraction first or analysis first)

Julie Onton julie at sccn.ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 14 16:16:33 PDT 2008

I agree that the time/frequency analysis should be performed first, and THEN subtraction.
Subtraction of the EEG time courses (ie, in the time domain) will give a very different result
compared to the (frequency domain) ERSP subtraction. EEGLAB's newtimef() called from the
commandline performs this very operation on two datasets corresponding to two different
conditions.

Best, Julie

--
Julie Onton, PhD