[Eeglablist] Time-frequency analysis (subtraction first or analysis first)

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 18 13:49:19 PDT 2008

In the list of points below, a firth possibility would be to regress out
the ERP out of the data (Journal of Neuroscience, 27(44):11949-59).
Also, as other people pointed out, making a distinction between induced
(ITC=0) and evoked (ITC=1) assumes that the brain is actually making
this distinction too, which is an hypothesis poorly supported by most
data I have seen (where the ITC usually varies between 0.2 and 0.6 even
in independent component that would potentially separate induced and
evoked processes).

Arno