[Eeglablist] rereferencing and epochs

David Groppe dgroppe at cogsci.ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 6 19:28:53 PDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Skotara wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> sorry for my basic questions. I am a beginner in eeglab and try to
> figure out some basic functions in eeglab. I like to adjust them to my
> needs.
>
> Is it possible to rereference the data using one of my channels such
> that the rereferenced dataset would be referenced against the new
> channel divided by 2?
> resulting channel = old channel - (specific channel / 2)
> By using 'reref' I wasnt able to do this..

Hi Skotora,
   I have short function for re-referencing data to a bi-mastoid reference
that does what you need.

http://www.cogsci.ucsd.edu/~dgroppe/EEGLAB/reref_bimastoid.m

Just enter the index of the "specific channel"
where the function calls for the right mastoid index and it should do the
trick.

As alternative,Arno Delorme explained how to do this within EEGLAB a few
weeks ago.  Just search the EEGLAB mailing list archives (2008) for
"Groppe" and you'll find the thread.
   cheers,
      -D