[Eeglablist] importing dat files back into Neuroscan

MARIA JALBRZIKOWSKI mjalbrzikowski8 at ucla.edu
Sat Sep 6 14:38:09 PDT 2008

Hi Eeglab superstars,

This is actually a question about importing a dat file from EEGLAB back into Neuroscan.  I figured posting to this listserv would be worth a try, since I think many of you are probably users of both.
I have many dat files to import back into Neuroscan because I want to peakpick in this program, but when I try to run a batch file doing this, the x axis, which is in time, never gets imported correctly.  I think this may be because I am going from -500 prestimulus onset to 1500 ms post stimulus onset...and Neuroscan doesn't understand the negative values when I try to import via a bathc file...but I am not sure.  Anyway, when I do it by hand in Neuroscan, it actually works (going to open file, open dat, then typing in the various parameters) but this is time consuming, as I have many files.  I was wondering if anyone had found another solution using the batch files for Neuroscan or if people preferred other programs to use for peakpicking of ERPs
Here is my batch file for the importing of the avg file....it's the -.5 that I appear to be having trouble.  I tried changing it to, -5, -500, -.05 etc, but none of these worked.

set path "C:\\251\\"
set subject {8012}
set condition {_newbaseline_n100_p200}

foreach element $condition {
	foreach name $subject {

IMPORTAVG "$path$name$element.dat" P 124 750 -.50 1501 1 N
SAVEAS $path$name$element.avg
  CLOSEALL}}

Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Maria Jalbrzikowski