[Eeglablist] What would be the best way to determine dipole locations for P300 responses?

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 23:57:13 PDT 2008

Fuh - You may study Makeig et al., PLOS Biology, 2004 (under
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/publications.html, under
"*EEG dynamics underlying visual target
"* to understand our attempt at this!

Scott Makeig

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Fuh-Cherng Jeng <jeng at ohio.edu> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have recorded P300 responses using a 64-channel cap in two groups of
> participants and found that the P300 latencies in group A is significantly
> longer than those in group B.  As a follow-up of this finding, I would like
> to do some dipole fitting and see if the P300 dipole locations are
> significantly different between the two groups.  I have two methods in
> mind, but am not sure which method would be making any sense at all.
> sense than the other in terms of finding the dipole locations for P300
>
> (1) use dipfit_erpeeg() to fit the ERP topography at the time point where
> the P300 latency is determined by the experimenter.
>
> (2) do ICA first and use multifit() to do a dipole fitting on a specific
> ICA component that correspond the best to the P300 responses.
>

> If anyone could help me with this or simply tell me a better way of finding
> the P300 dipole locations, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Fuh

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of
California San Diego, La Jolla CA 92093-0961, http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott