[Eeglablist] .bdf data converted to microvolts

Bradley Voytek semiconscious at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 13:43:58 PDT 2008

Abigail:

The BioSemi data have such high values, because BioSemi uses some of
its bit depth to record the DC offsets, so the data are oscillating
around (in your case) 9000-1000 uV, instead of around 0. When you
apply a high-pass filter, you are by the very nature of the filter
removing this DC shift (0 Hz), which pulls the data into the
"expected" range.

There are a few other caveats to working with your BioSemi data, and
we've had these discussions on this list before, if you look through
the archives.

Good luck!

::brad